Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Stalled...

New job started Monday.

Since getting hired 3 weeks ago, I’ve done very little running…  in fact, I don’t think I’ve run more than 5 or 6 miles since busting out that ½ marathon awhile back.  The time change hasn’t helped.  I’ve got to reconfigure my schedule (sleep patterns, recreation patterns, etc) to be able to run in the AM instead of the PM.  But that’s ok.  I’ve even put on a little weight.  Add to that some brewing domestic crises in and around my own home and you have a bubbling brew of “notgonnarunitosis”.  Also known as stress induced inertia.

I’ll get out there.  I’m confident of that.  Possibly tonight, possibly tomorrow, but I’ll get back out there.  And the marathon doesn’t stand a chance this year.

4 Comments:

Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Joe,

I hear Run The Woodlands 5K on Saturday morning calling your name! It's only a $1!

Holden and I will be out there helping to put on the race since Luke's is having their own anniversary event at their store in The Woodlands.

You could even also register for the 8.4K on Sunday. If you sign up for it, I'll guarantee that I'll run at least the 8.4K on Sunday as well (have to go register in person now though for that event). Cassie and Sarah are already doing it.

Jon

9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there Joe. Life goes in those kinds of cycles. You'll be back out there. Take care of that family.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Steve Bezner said...

Good to see you online!

I'll look for you Sunday at the 20k/8.4k this Sunday. (hint,hint).

RunSteve.Com

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you win the marathon?? I wish you the best!

Vica
http://vicazz.blogspot.com

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home