Monday, March 06, 2006

I hate the Oscars

The one line from last week that bugs me more than anything else was from E!:

“We’re bringing America closer than anyone to the stars they adore.”

 

Adore?!?  Adore!?!  GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

It’s not enough that this crap is all over my evening news for a week, all over the morning news for a week, all over the newspaper for a week, all over the Sunday AM commentaries for a week, all over the slobbering entertainment news for a week, and all over the radio for a week, but you have the gall to suggest to me that I adore these buffoons?  Come on!  They act.  Nothing else.  They have no idea who you are, and quite frankly don’t care who you are.  They’re just people.  They’re rich people, but just people all the same.  Do I care if someone is dating/breaking up/making a baby with someone else?  Not the least.

At least I can be happy knowing that the one night of the year when the most self serving industry in the world spends some time to reflect on themselves in an orgy of self gratifying excess is finally over and America’s teeny tiny attention span can move on to something else that’s shiny.

Yes, I hate the Oscars.  It screws up all the TV schedules for the night and gets me a little cranky.

 

And Crash was a fantastic movie (I saw the winners in the morning fishwrap).

1 Comments:

Blogger Vica said...

LOL, I love the Oscars! And yes, Crash was a great, great movie. I didn't realize that you are now trying to be a thriatlet, that's awesome!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home