Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm out

The marathon is not in the books this go-round.  It’s just not going to happen.

Neither will the half.

Neither will the 5k.

 

Everything is off track.

 

And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING.

 

Plus, my Saturday mornings with my baby are pretty valuable to me right now.  Far more valuable than running another marathon.

 

I’m going to go dark for a little while and figure out what I’m going to do next.

 

I really, really, really like the idea of the “Texas Triple Double” in 2008.

 

The original idea (which I was reminded of after reading a post from our own long lost Jon Walk), was a marathon AND MS150 ride in each of the 3 big cities of the Texas Golden Triangle (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio).

 

I’m not sure if I’m going to tie it to the MS150.  I may pick LONGER rides to tie it to.  Maybe pull down 3 double centuries to ride to go with the marathons.  Total mileage:  600 by wheel, 78.6 by foot, 1800 by car.

 

This morning I was even contemplating t-shirts and/or cycling jerseys.  But that’s all a long way off.

 

I don’t know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home