Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Dead. All dead. Every last one of them...

Ok, didn’t run last night worked too late and didn’t feel like running too much.  Eh.

 

On the other hand, there is an extremely good chance I’ll hit Memorial after work tomorrow and go running just to try and extend the distance a little prematurely.  Lots of vaca planning still to do, though and not a lot of time left to do it.  But in just 9 days’ time, we’ll be east bound and down, loaded up and truckin’ to see MICKEY MOUSE MICKEY MOUSE MICKEY MOUSE MICKEY MOUSE!!!

Yea, I’m looking forward to it.  In fact, I can’t sleep, I’m too excited to sleep.

 

Meanwhile, all of my tomatoes are dead.  Every last one of them.  Just 4 days ago they were perfectly healthy, sitting on my window ledge.  Then, I touched them.  Now every single one is either deader than fried chicken, or damn near to it.  One still has a little green left on the stalk, but I’m certain that’ll go away before the end of today.  I did, after all, look at it this morning.  I have the worst luck with tomatoes.

 

The good news, though, is that there is still time to get some transplants at the garden center.  Rather than planting 16, I think I’ll key it back to 8 or 9 and have 2 or 3 varieties and 3 or 4 of each variety, just to mix things up a bit.

 

And can someone please tell me what a “profit and earnings ratio” is?  According to the financier in chief, the market is getting close to where profit and earnings ratios are more reasonable and over the long run things may turn around.  But for the life of me I can’t find a single reference to a profit and earnings ratio.  I know what a “margin” is, and that’s the ratio of profit to revenue.  I know what a P/E ratio is, and that’s PRICE to earnings regarding a stock price and a firms expected earnings (unlike a tracking poll, which is backward looking, market prices are forward looking).  But I haven’t the slightest clue what a profit and earnings ratio is.  Not the slightest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home