Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I RAN!

Yup, I got out last night and ran while the missus put the little one to bed.  Just a quick mile, but it was running all the same.  I don’t have a chronometer anymore, so I don’t know how fast the run was.  I was running naked—just me and the pavement.

 

And Holden is still more awesome than me.

 

The tomatoes are still coming in, too.  We’ve got some squash growing, and a couple of bean harvests have already come and gone.  Hell, we had some garden beans last night with dinner.  Blackberries are coming in, too.  We found a bunch of bugs we can’t quite identify as good or bad.  They’re “leaf footed nymphs”, we think, and depending on where you check they’re either good or bad.  I think they’re bad, and there’s lots of them thanks to the mild winter.  Since they’re related to stink-bugs they have few natural predators, too.  The best defense is removal, and when there’s an infestation the best defense is deforestation.  Sigh.  We have a soap based insect repellent, I’m going to try that.  Failing that, we may just have to escalate things.

 

Tonight I’m going to go ahead and register for classes in the fall.  It’s time to shit or get off the pot.  I can’t just wait around for other people to make time.  And, while I’m at it, there’s a certain commencement address I’m finally going to have the time to watch.  I’m looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home