Friday, November 12, 2004

Raising the bar

I didn't run last night. I got home late and Saving Private Ryan was on so I spent the evening thinking of the friends I have in Iraq and those close to me (and those close to those close to me) who have already been lost over there. I didn't feel much like running.
Come home soon and come home safe soldiers. We miss you. We're proud of you. We're so very proud of you. Good work, one and all.


This evening I'm running either 6.5 or 8.something. I'm not sure yet. It depends on what I do at that last left turn... I have the option to take the 6.5 and turn left, or grasp the higher ring and go straight. I hope I choose to go straight. I hope my body is holding up well enough to allow me to make that decision. I plan on going straight... stay tuned.
Sunday is a 25k (that's 15.5 miles for those of us who speak English). 3:30 time limit. I'm a little nervous, but I'm almost certain I can do it.

Next installment: running update and a shameless plea for money!!! Whee!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home