Monday, April 23, 2007

CONGRATS!!!

Big CONGRATS to all you MS150 people who rode to Austin and made me jealous over the weekend.

Beautiful weather to do it in, beautiful country to do it through.

I’ll be there next year, health permitting.

 

But this means I get to start training for the marathon!!!

 

Or, more accurately, I get to start putting off training for the marathon.  Right about this time of year I lay out a plan that I should follow to get me in marathon shape by the end of the year.  And shortly thereafter I begin with updates that look a lot like this:

I was supposed to run 6 miles today, but I didn’t.  No fancy excuses, I just didn’t feel like running.

 

Or updates like this one:

Excuse number 105.

 

Or this one:

Lets see, it was too early/late/hot/cold/windy/dry/wet and I was too tired/excited/full/hungry/thirsty/waterlogged.

 

Or this one:

I heard there might be werewolves out in the park.  I know werewolves are make-believe, but it’s better not to risk it.

 

Yea, the season of excuses is upon us.

 

In other news I got a new pair of shoes and it feels like I’m walking on fluffy little kittens.  How heavenly.

 

 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a good ride this year. Weather couldn't have been better, all in all. Lots of stupid, unsafe riding, but I'm used to seeing that on the MS at this point.

Got moving really early on Saturday morning. On the move by 6:30, and the folks at Tully were fogged in 'til well after 7:00. As a result, there were a total of six guys in line when I got to the showers in La Grange. Slower time on Sunday since I busted a spoke going into the park, but still a good day. Sorry you couldn't be there.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home