Thursday, July 05, 2007

I won't use the "I" word

But “Angry Bear” does:

http://angrybear.blogspot.com/2007/07/james-madison-impeach-george-w-bush-and.html

 

And James Madison does:

 

“[I]f the President be connected, in any suspicious manner, with any person, and there be grounds tp believe he will shelter him, the House of Representatives can impeach him; they can remove him if found guilty”

 

Here is some context:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/watergatedoc_3.htm

 

Notable:  “the maxim would never be adopted here that the chief Magistrate could do [no] wrong."

 

I like the second one more because it’s not a crazy spiel against The President but rather a commentary on the impeachment of the former President (and potential first fellow). 

 

He’s the guy we got.  Sure.  No sweat.  He’s better than the alternatives that were presented (probably) or at the very least he’s better then HOW the alternatives were presented.  But COME ON!!!  You’re going to commute the sentence of a guy who was convicted of doing what you told him to do?  BEFORE THE APPEALS PROCESS WAS FINISHED??!?!?!

 

Something doesn’t smell right with that one.  It stinks of cronyism and covering up your own tracks and certainly obstruction of justice and CERTAINLY authorizing and condoning illegal acts.

 

Like I said, I won’t use the “I” word.  I’ll let one of the founding fathers do it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home