Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Run report/Pasta party update

Ok, chafing is an issue.  It wasn't before the 18 miler, but it is now.  Chafing sucks.  I'm going to have to get that fixed.
 
Got my new chrono working, too.  Way cool.
 
3 miles.  27:54.41
(check out the consistency)
Mile 1:  9:14.84
Mile 2:  9:19.86 (18:34.70)
Mile 3:  9:19.71 (27:54.41)
Best:  Mile 1
Average:  9:18.13
 
If not for the chafing, I might have gone for 6.
 
For the record, mile 2 sucks.  I hate the second mile.  Hate it, hate it, hate it.  The second mile is the worst of all miles.  Of all the miles in the whole universe, the second mile is certainly the worst.  I'd rather go the 1st or 3rd mile over nails and hot coals than the 2nd mile anywhere.  In fact, if I could skip from 1 to 3, it might be bearable, but I can't.
 
Maybe from now on I'll run a single mile, stop, then start again.  that way the 2nd mile will actually be a second 1st mile.  That would avoid the whole 2nd mile bugaboo all together.  Hmmm...  Maybe someone would like to rent my second mile from me?  That way I can run mile 1 for me, Mile 2 for someone else, then get on with mile 3 - 26.2.  I'm going to have to look into that.
 
Reservations for the Pasta Party are up to 8:
Jon/Waverly
Cassie/Manny
Steve/Mrs. Steve
Me/Mrs. Me
 
Jon has some guest speakers on tap--more on that as schedules are cemented.

4 Comments:

Blogger equarles said...

Edwin and his wife are in

9:52 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Jen is in.

3:55 PM  
Blogger equarles said...

I love talking in third person. Edwin needs a new pair of shoes. Jimmy got some, why can't I?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sarah is in. There is no "date." Just me. :)

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home