Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Run update coming

Seriously, I have a run update to give… or, more correctly, will have a run update to give…  as soon as I get around to doing that last long run.  I’d like it to be more than 13 miles.  That should be a good solid 2 hours-plus.

 

It was going to be last Saturday, then yesterday, now it’ll be this Saturday.  Stuff came up.  Plus, I didn’t want to run, so I didn’t.  There’ll probably be an intermediate run update for the 3 to 6 milers between now and then.

 

I did get a cool chronometer/stop watch from my bro for Christmas.  It has, like, 10,000 split times that can be stored and other wicked cool stuff like that.  It’ll come in handy when I start the triathlon training, and if I ever run more than 1 lap at Memorial I can use it for that, too (I know, I could track ¼ mile splits and whatnot, but I almost always miss the ¼ mile markers).

 

I am seriously looking forward to this last long run. Completing it means no more long runs until M-day and largely marks the end of my training cycle.  Once M-day comes and goes, I’m seriously looking forward to not having to run any more after that.  I suspect I’ll continue to get in a short run ever week or so to mix up the cycling—I may possibly become a regular visitor to the Woodlands for RTWs.  Especially since it’ll be awhile yet before the pool opens.

 

We’ll see.  I’m making very few plans past M-day… and there’s a reason for that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Good luck with the tapering... I'm on the same schedule for a 1/2 M on Jan 15. RUn well!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home